Storm season is approaching in Ohio. Are you ready?
Strong winds, heavy rain and severe thunderstorms threaten the integrity of roofing in Dayton, OH, during storm season. If you’ve been in the area for a while, you know that peak storm activity occurs from May to July. With storm season just beginning, now is the time to ensure that your roof is prepared.
At JW Roofing, we’ve seen firsthand the impact of storms striking in the area. Before the next big storm hits, check for signs that your roof won’t hold up for another season.
Signs Your Roof Won’t Last Another Storm Season
At JW Roofing, we recommend an inspection before every storm season. With over 35 years of experience, we know that just because a roof is damaged, it doesn’t mean that the damage is visible. A trained professional will be able to look for concerns that you might not see! If you’re unsure, here are a few obvious signs your roof won’t last another storm season.
- Your roof is beyond its lifespan: Well-maintained roofs can last for years, but not forever. A roof beyond its lifespan is at risk for damage during harsh storms. Trusted roofers from JW Roofing know signs of roof age that you need to look out for – from increased electricity bills, to leaks, to cracked shingles. If you are noticing any of these signs, it’s best to contact your roofer.
- Your roof has significant wear and tear: Look for signs of wear and tear on your roof. Signs of wear and tear are curled or missing shingles, consistent leaks, mold growth or granule loss. Granules are the materials asphalt shingles are made of. They wear down over the years, and may look like black specks in your gutter. If you notice heavy granule loss, you may be in need of a repair or replacement.
When Your Roof Needs to Be Replaced
- Major leaks: If you’ve already noticed major leaks and water coming through your roof before storm season hits, there is a good chance your roof needs to be replaced. A small amount of water coming through now can increase dramatically when harsh weather passes through. This issue should be inspected and repaired promptly before further damage persists.
- Sagging roof: A sagging roof is not only unsightly, but can be dangerous. A roof sagging indicates issues with the structural integrity of your roof. If you notice that your roof is sagging, we suggest calling a roof repair team immediately. When a roof is sagging, there are a variety of things that cause it – water damage, improper materials or simply old age. A trusted roofing professional will be best able to inspect your roof and offer a solution.
- Loose or missing shingles: If shingles are coming off of your roof, we highly recommend calling a professional. Loose or missing shingles are a clear indication of roof damage. If the shingles on your roof are loose enough to become lifted now, there’s no telling what will happen during a big storm.
Still Unsure? It’s Time for a Roof Inspection
A roofing professional will be best equipped to evaluate the condition of your roof. If you’re unsure whether or not your roof will hold up against the next major storm, we suggest calling a roofing contractor who has experience with roofing in Dayton, OH. From severe storms to heavy snowfall, your roof has a lot to withstand in the area. Get in touch with a roofing contractor like JW Roofing, who knows how to prepare your roof for Ohio’s most severe weather.
Schedule a FREE Roof Inspection Today
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Book your free inspection with JW Roofing now! With storm season already packing a punch, schedules are booking up quickly. We look forward to helping you solve any problems now to avoid water damage later.