Learn More About the Lifespan of Roofs in Ohio
Living in Ohio, we are no strangers to harsh winter winds and the hot summer sun. Mother Nature gives the roofs of local homes and businesses a run for their money! With that in mind, you might be wondering “How long does a roof last in Ohio?” Well, that’s a great question. The answer to that question can depend on a number of factors, with perhaps the most important being the quality of products and integrity of installation.
How Often Do You Need to Replace a Roof in Ohio?
Asphalt roofs, which cover the majority of homes in the United States, have an average lifespan of 15–20 years. Metal, slate and tile roofing (although less common) are known for their longevity and can last a lifetime. There are a number of environmental factors that can come into play when determining the lifespan of a roof. Unfortunately, living in Ohio, we face factors that can shorten that time period.
Key factors in determining roof replacement needs:
- Roof installation: To start, consider the initial installation of your roof. Were the roofing contractors on the job reputable? Did you hire a sound and solid company? Consider the reputation of the contractors that installed your roof. A company who is renowned for quality work will tend to install a roof with a longer lifespan.
- History of your roof: Next, consider the work that has been done on your roof over the years. If you have gone through a few roof repairs, it may be time to consider replacing the roof entirely. Reflecting on what’s been tried in the past will be a major decision-maker when deciding whether to repair or replace a roof.
- Environmental factors: Extreme weather, flying debris and ice damming have a few things in common. First, these are all challenges we face living in Ohio. Second, these are all factors that can shorten the lifespan of a roof. Reflect on recent years and the weather your roof has faced. Storm damage services are no joke, and an area we specialize in at JW Roofing.
So, How Much Does It Cost to Replace a Roof?
The cost of a new roof will vary from property to property. Property size, material used and severity of the replacement are all at play when determining cost. Here are factors we consider when calculating the cost of a new roof:
- Square footage of the roof.
- Type of roofing material (asphalt shingles, metal, slate)
- Past roof damage (some additional repairs may be required before installing a new roof)
- Overhead costs (labor, equipment, etc)
The best way to find out how much a roof replacement will cost for your property is to contact one of our roofing contractors directly. At JW Roofing, we offer free roof inspections! During an initial inspection one of our experts will come out, survey your property, evaluate the status of your and offer a professional recommendation.
Is a Roof Replacement Affordable?
It goes without saying that a roof replacement is a major investment. However, at JW Roofing we aim to make our services accessible. We are one of the few local roofing companies that offer financing. JW Roofing has teamed up with Synchrony Financial to offer finance packages starting as low as $97/month. The process begins with an easy online application that’ll help determine whether or not you are eligible for financing. If you need help, give us a call at (937) 520-5201. One of our experts would be happy to walk you through the process and provide guidance as needed!
JW Roofing: Quality Service, Lasting Results
If a roof replacement has been on your radar, start the process today by reaching out to one of our experts. We would be happy to answer questions, address concerns, and schedule an initial inspection free of charge. From there we would work with you to determine the best plan of action moving forward. It’s as easy as filling out our online contact form today! One of our experts will be in touch with you in no time!